We are looking for help on localization of NewsSquares especially for the following locales Brazil (pt_BR), Japan (ja) and Mexico (es).
The localization is very simple. Please go to http://code.google.com/p/rocketinbottle/
There are two files that require localization, description.txt and message.json.
- Select which locale you would help to translate, e.g. ja
- To translate the description
- Go to NewsSquares in the gallery, it contains the description of NewsSquares in English
- Select the description.txt in the corresponding locale
- Please do not translate the Keywords section
- To translate the messages
- Select the messages.json in 'en' locale as reference
- Open the messages.json of the locale (in a new window for easy reference) you would like to help translating
- After you select the file (description.txt or messages.json), click "edit file", then begin to edit the file directly inside the browser. For each message, please translate the "message" section, you can contribute partial translation
- Finally click "Submit Patch" (you will need to login with a Google Account), a new issue will be created include a patch file
- After we receive the issues, we will include the translation in NewsSquares
- We will link to the translation credits in the gallery. Thank you.